Monday, October 17, 2011

Week #8 Message

Teacher @ Sea
This week, I won't be at school! As you read this, I'll be aboard the RV Walton Smith research ship on my way out to the Florida Keys. I won't be basking in the sun and sipping lemonade; I'll be working and assisting scientists in researching the effects of the Deepwater Horizon oil platform accident. Part of my assignment is to report what happens during our trip, and I'd like you (and your children) to follow my blog and comment. Unfortunately, you won't be able to do that from school, so please feel free to do so from home. You can locate my blog here.

Short Week
Just a reminder that this week, school will be held on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday only. Fall Break will be Thursday and Friday.

Looking Ahead
24-28 October -- Red Ribbon Week
27 October -- Picture Retakes
28 October -- Reflections entries due
31 October -- Halloween festivities