Tuesday, August 19, 2014

#1 Welcome Back to School

Welcome back to a new school year. This is the first weekly message I'll post for the 2014-15 school year. I'll do my best to send a classroom news message to you each week. Here are a couple of items that I want to make sure you are aware of.

Sign up for Automated Messages. To help keep you up-to-date about classroom news and assignments, I've signed up for Remind this year. Remind is a free service that lets me send one-way messages via SMS, push notifications or email to everyone involved with the class. Remind will keep our phone numbers private, while making it a lot easier to stay in touch about the class. Signing up for my messages on Remind is a quick and easy process:

  • To subscribe to text messages, text (385) 282-4464 with the message "@mrbunke"
  • To subscribe to email messages, send and email to "mrbunke@mail.remind.com"


Weekly Folder Sent Home. Today I sent home with each student their Monday folder. Please have your child return it tomorrow; they will be rewarded if they do. The folder will have this week's homework packet and any parent notes that are for you. I'll try to send home any notes on Monday (or the first day of the school week). If a note cannot wait until Monday, I'll send it home immediately otherwise expect all the notes on Monday.

Upcoming Events.

  • 1 Sept — No School (Labor day Holiday)